Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Code Complete Chapter 30 Notes Programming Tools


Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction, Second Edition by Steve McConnell Link: Amazon 

Templates I think I need to try to start developing and using templates in my work. This isn't the first time I have thought this maybe writing it down will help me remember. 

Data Dictionary is apparently a database that can list the names of all data including classes and data base tables with a description to aid in understanding the data.  This seems like a pretty good idea.

Ant is a technology that I would like to play with at some point.  I have read a lot about it on blogs and Stack overflow but sadly have never used it myself.

I think I need to consider scripting more things.  McConnell suggest that anytime you type the same 5 characters more then once it might call for a script!  This seems a little problematic with Internet password requirements being longer then this nowadays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment