Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beware Ibuypower Warranty


This is a warning to anyone who buys an iBuyPower computer.  It turns out that there warranty is pretty crappy ie if you need to ship the Desktop computer back after the initial 30 days you have to pay for it.  Compared to my experience with Dell this just seems quite terrible.

I really feel pretty dumb about this as well.  I originally ordered a computer from them in May of 2012 it arrive in June but the hard drives had fallen out during shipping so it didn't work at all.  Sent it back and got it back on around July 10th.  I was pretty excited to actually get to use it which was my big mistake.  Instead of trying to enjoy the computer I should have sent it back to get fixed right away or maybe just got a refund.  When I got it back the second time again the hard drives had fallen out during shipping and one of them doesn't always start when I boot the system.  At first I didn't mind this terribly but after a few months it gets pretty old to have to boo the computer on average probably like five times.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment